Blog is updated every Monday.

Monday, December 19, 2016

My Thoughts on Christmas

To write this post, I must take some of the most tender and intangible feelings of my heart and struggle to put them into words. I have no idea if I'll come anywhere close to the mark, but, for some reason, I feel like I must try.

You know, there is a lot of stress, spending, debt, and overall upheaval this time of year, and it's real easy to forget why we do the things we do in the first place. We give each other gifts because on that first Christmas so long ago, our Savoir literally gave his life to us. He would be born, grow up to seemingly ordinary parents, and ultimately suffer all things for our sakes. He wanted us to have salvation so badly He was willing to endure pain that is incomprehensible to the human mind. In short, we give to each other because His gift made it possible for us to be happy for all eternity, and we want to share that joy with others.

That is the true reason why we celebrate: joy, hope, and love, and those same things are the reasons that day, and the entire month, feels different, and why it has been set apart as the most heartwarming and holy time of the year.

I've tried to show you how I feel about this, but words muddy it. I love my Savoir, and I will do everything I can to make this time of year a happy one for those around me. That is how I express love to my Redeemer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment